The Marmon name is rich in its heritage. Starting back in the 1850’s.
In 1858, Addison H. Nordyke and his father, Ellison, formed a partnership in to manufacture and build flour mills. The company was named E. & A. H. Nordyke with a small building just behind Ellis Nordyke’s home serving as the first plant. This business continued until 1866 when Daniel W. Marmon joined the firm and the name changed to Nordyke Marmon & Company. Around 1870, Nordyke Marmon & Co. was a major concern in constructing mills. Addison H. Nordyke stayed with the company as an active official until 1899 and as a stockholder and director until 1904. Daniel W. Marmon continued his active official connection with the company until his death in 1909.